Friday, January 20, 2012

Teaching.....

What a great way to spend 2 hours.....teaching others what I know. Thinking quickly, being able to answer questions where the student absolutely understands what you are trying to say. It's funny how I am completely relaxed when I am in front of a class teaching...I have so much to offer and I will do it through film.A good example of this is... movies like Thunderheart and Incident at Oglala which are based on the same event. One movie is the fiction version (based on facts) and the other is the documentary but both about Pine Ridge Reservation in the 1970s.... A.I.M.  American Indian Movement.. Read about Leonard Peltier and the incident on the rez watch the film and learn how the FBI treated the Native people.  I am a big fan of theirs and I studied and wrote many papers about A.I.M.  in school for the past 7 years. It is what I will be teaching along with the topic: Indian Boarding schools, Activism and  Movies that help with these topics along with literature.And the representation of the peoples in film which is actually what my degree focus is.
Some great movies to watch....
Older than America
Thunderheart
Smoke Signals
Pow Wow Highway
Incident at Oglala
Dance me Outside

No comments:

Post a Comment