Well the year of doom has come and I think I would welcome it except I have grandchildren and they have a lot of life in them. So I need to keep shoving. This is my year of graduation and I need to work extra hard these next two semesters which is one of my resolutions. My other is to stay clear of people who are short some brain cells. 2011 was filled with them. I have friends who I am close to and they are intelligent enough to keep in my life.
I am in search of a car again as always.I hate spending money on a car and if I didn't live in such a blistery cold climate and If I lived in a city which is what I want to do I wouldn't need a bloody car. I don't like them. Enough said about that.
I am very excited about this semester because I will be teaching 4 films in EN 317 class. Native American Literature. I have lessons to prepare and the films to really get to know. The first film is Older than America. I spent all last semester watching it over and over and writing a paper on it. I think I will rewrite that paper one day using all the tips I got from my Professor. She's brilliant! I will also be watching lots of westerns. Not one of my favorite genres but I am actually looking forward to it. This semesters research paper will be on the languages used by the people in film. I got the idea from a film called REEL INJUN.
I also need to find work on campus. I wish I could be back at the Center. I heard April hired someone last semester not sure if it is true. If she only knew how bad I want to be there again. It's the only place I always felt comfortable. I love April she is hard core and very strict but she is so brilliant and a woman of many resources. She is also very kind. My life is better for knowing April and I learned a lot from her. I would do anything for her all she has to do is ask and I am there...
Well another year hopefully a better one. I got myself into hot water a lot in 2011. I promised myself to stay away from certain people in my life, mind my own business and be more selfish at least until I graduate. I really have been thinking of NY and how easy it will be to go back for me contrary to what most say, "you never can go back" Well I easily adjust. I survived here for 20 years with no city near-by. I was always a city girl, I spent a chunk of my life in the Big Apple, worked there..played there, sat on the stairs of NY public Library and people watched ...I would simply jump on the LIRR and voila Manhattan, with all the noise and rush rush all the time, people everywhere like a colony of ants, the place of invisibility, now you see me, now you dont. ...I miss that terribly.
Well got to brave the cold and head to the bank...its been a long vacation thus far and I cant wait to being my last year of college although I am saddened by that thought.
Have a great New Year everyone.....
No comments:
Post a Comment